Thursday, September 20, 2007

Net + Lesson 5

What is... and Operations Manager? Do you know? Well? Come on out with it... Let me know what an Operations Manager is! Well I guess i can give a small explanation for the whole thing about Operation managers!

It's pretty much like a secret agent that you put into your computer, so it can monitor the computer!
It watches a lot of things on the computer, such as Windows Event log for alerts etc!
There are a few Versions of Operations Managers
- Microsoft Operations Manager 2000
- Microsoft Operations Manager 2005
- System Center Operations Manager 2007

Well I know it's a random topic about operations managers, but My teacher talked about it today, and this is actually the notes he gave me... so I'm posting it!

Today we are going to talk about the differences between Baseband vs. Broadband!
- The baseband transmision method uses the media so that the cable is taken up by a single transmission

- Broadband communications, the communicators use different frequencies to seperate their messages from others by using the same media at the same time!
More tomorrow... we'll talk about Half-duplex... full-duplex!

No comments: